Beach and Ocean Activities
Beach Tag Information
All persons 12 and over must display tags Saturday of Memorial Weekend to Monday of Labor Day Weekend, 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Seasonal tags through May 31st $23
- Seasonal tags beginning June 1st $28
- Weekly tags (Saturday – Saturday) $12
- Daily tags $6
- Seasonal, weekly and daily tags may be purchased from inspectors on the beach or from the Beach Tag Office during the summer season.
- To purchase tags by mail, send check with name and address and the number of tags desired.
Tags will be held under your name at the Beach Tag Office located at:
- Stone Harbor Beach Patrol Building
- 95th Street & the Beach
- (609) 368-6805
General Beach Information
Protected bathing beaches are 81st, 83rd, 86th, 87th, 90th, 93rd, 94th, 95th, 96th, 100th, 102nd, 103rd, 105th, 108th, 110th, 112th, 113th, 116th, 117th, 120th and 122nd.
Swimming, rafts, and surfboards are permitted at designated beaches only. Swimming and rafting beaches are all designated beaches except 81st, 86th, 105th, 110th, 112th, and 122nd Streets. The use of surfboards (with leases attached) are permitted at the beaches at 81st and 110th Streets only. Kayaks are permitted at 122nd Street through 126th Street only, and life jackets must be worn at all times while in the water.
The following are prohibited on the beach:
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Glass Bottles
- Sleeping from sunset to sunrise
SAILCRAFT must be licensed and beached at designated areas only
Vehicles are permitted on the beach by permit only from October 1 through March 31st. For information regarding permits, call 368-5102. Permits are issued the day after Labor Day until March the following year.
DOGS ON THE BEACH. Dogs are permitted on the beach from 7:00p.m. to sunset. All dogs must be leashed. Dogs and other pets are not permitted at the Stone Harbor Point at any time.
TRASH SCHEDULE SUMMER – Effective May 28, 2017 through September 9, 2017
- 80th to 93rd – Ocean to Bay
(Pennsylvania, Linden, Sunset) …. Monday and Thursday
- 80th to 93rd – Ocean to Bay
- 94th to 104th (300 and 400 blocks) – Ocean to Bay
Seng, Sunrise, Sunset, Berkley, Charles, Corinthian, Golden Gate) …. Tuesday and Friday
- 94th to 104th (300 and 400 blocks) – Ocean to Bay
- 104th (100 and 200 blocks) to 122nd – Ocean to Bay
(Sunset, Chelsea Place, Paradise, Stone, Weber, Bower) ….. Wednesday and Saturday
- 104th (100 and 200 blocks) to 122nd – Ocean to Bay
- Beach and Street receptacles….Daily
- Commercial – 6 days (Sunday by Request)
- Trash in plastic bags must be placed in rigid receptacles with tight-fitting covers.
- Stone Harbor = Do not place any trash or recyclables curbside! The Borough provides “rear yard” pickup. We ask that you put your address/house number on your trash cans and lids. It helps returning your cans/lids to your property shall they become airborne during any storm events in Stone Harbor.
SINGLE STREAM RECYCLING
RECYCLE ALL THE ITEMS BELOW IN ONE CONTAINER
All the recycled items below can now be placed in one container “INSTEAD” of placing commingle and paper in separate containers. Plastic containers, steel (tin) cans, aluminum cans, glass, cardboard, magazines, news and other papers are placed in one recycling container.
|* Office Papers|
|* Junk Mail|
|* Shredded Paper (in a clear plastic bag)|
|* Telephone & Paper Books|
|* Cardboard and CLEAN pizza Boxes|
|* Dry Food Boxes (i.e. Cereal & Cracker)|
|* Beer & Soda Carriers|
|* Wrapping Paper|
|PLASTIC||#1 through #7 Plastic Bottles & Containers including:|
|* Food & Beverage Containers (i.e. Margarine Tubs, Microwave Trays, Yogurt Containers)|
|* Health, Beauty & Cleaning Product Containers|
|* Other Rigid Plastic Containers including:|
|Buckets & Landscape Pots (Five (5) gallons in size or less)|
|METAL||Food, Beverage & Aerosol Cans:|
|* Steel (Tin)|
|GLASS||Food & Beverage Containers including:|
|* Brown Bottles, Jars & Jugs|
DO NOT RECYCLE
Food Contaminated Boxes, Styrofoam Packaging, Polystyrene Egg Cartons, Wax-Coated Cardboard boxes, Window Glass, Beverage Cups, Paint Cans, PVC Pipes, Light Bulbs, Plastic Bags & Any items that contained chemical or hazardous products.
***SPECIAL NOT FOR TRASH OR RECYCLE CONTAINERS***
MUST BE 32 GALLONS – 75 POUNDS MAX!
Homeowners must provide recycling information and containers for their tenants
Schedules may change due to manpower availability, legal holidays and weather conditions
Keep in rear yard near the trash area only (DO NOT PLACE AT THE CURB). Call Public Works (368-7311) with address for pickup.
Bagged Grass Clippings
Includes bagged yard debris too hard to bundle. Keep in rear yard near trash area and call Public Works with address for pickup.
Clean Up Days
- Monday, March 13th
- Monday, May 15th
- Monday, September 18th
- Tuesday, October 10th
Curbside placement of old furniture, appliances and junk should be done within 72 hours prior to these dates. Construction debris will not be removed. Bulk trash cannot be set out at any other time (RGO 5-7.2).
For disposal of Household Hazardous Waste and Paint call 368-7311 for instructions.
Other Relevant Borough Information
Dogs & Cats
Dogs and cats must be licensed. Dogs must be on a leash when not confined. Droppings must be cleaned up immediately by person in charge of dog.
Dogs are not permitted on the beach from June 1 through September 30 except from 7:00 p.m. to sunset.
Parking meter fees are 25 cents per 15 minutes. Meters are in effect from 10AM through 9PM May 1st through October 1st. The 95th Street beach lot only hours 10AM to 5PM May 1st through October 1st. (3) hour meters are on designated streets, 4 hour meters at (2) lots on the North side of 96th street West of 3rd Avenue, and (1) lot on the South side of 97th street between 2nd and 3rd Avenues and the Borough Hall parking lot.
Parking Permits are available in the Borough Clerk’s office at the cost of $225 per season. These permits are good in designated lots only.
Riders must obey all traffic rules. No person shall ride a bicycle or skateboard on the roadway in the business district from the last Saturday in June through Labor Day between 6:00 p.m. and midnight. No bicycles, skateboards, roller blades, or scooters are allowed on the sidewalk in the business district at any time.
If there is noise you find objectionable, please call the Police Department while it is occurring. If there is a violation, you may be required to sign a formal complaint. Your cooperation and respect of others is greatly appreciated.
Borough Tax and Utility Bills
These bills may be paid in person at Borough Hall Tax Office. Call 368-4223 for information.
Our supply continues to be adequate in quality and quantity. Conservation is requested, however. For billing questions call the Utilities Office, 368-4223. For service questions call Public Works, 368 7311.
Please register with the Borough Clerk at least 24 hours prior to the sale. You can have two sale per year, each for no more than two consecutive days.
We have a well-rounded program of activities beginning the first week in June. For more information booklets are available at the reception desk in Borough Hall, or call 368-1210 (summer) or click on this recreation link.
For Your Fitness Lifestyle
Visit Chelsea Place Park, 105th -106th streets, between Second and Third Avenues. Track for jogging/walking, 7 laps make a mile. Fitness stations for circuit training. Bocce & Volleyball courts.
Beach and Ocean Activities
Beach tags 2017
To partially offset the cost of maintaining and protecting its beaches for your enjoyment, Avalon requires that beach tags be worn by all using the beach, 12 yrs. or older, 10 A.M. to 5 P.M. , starting the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend through September 4, 2017. Pre-season beach tags may be purchased weekends beginning April 1, 2017 at the Beach Tag Booth at Community Hall; starting May 1, 2017, the Beach Tag Booth will be open daily. Other beach tags may be purchased daily May 1 through September 2 at the booth on or beginning the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend from beach tag inspectors on the beach. Beach tag fees are: pre-season (purchase on or before May 31) $23.00; season tag (starting June 1st) $28.00; weekly (Saturday through Saturday) $12.00 and daily $6.00; daily and weekly tags will be available as of May 27, 2017. Reciprocity of beach tags is observed between Avalon and Stone Harbor.
Seasonal beach tags can also be ordered through the mail with orders taken by the Tax Collectors Office by May 12th. Please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope, along with a check, to: Avalon Tax Office/Beach Tags, 3100 Dune Drive, Avalon, NJ 08202. Make check payable to: Borough of Avalon. Please indicate how many seasonal beach tags you are ordering at the $23.00 preseason price. You will be mailed a receipt from the tax office. During your next visit to Avalon, redeem your receipt for the number of beach tags that you ordered. Actual beach tags are not sent through the mail. Weekly and daily tags cannot be ordered through the mail.
New this year: Seasonal beach tags can also be purchased any time via a mobile phone app. Avalon has partnered with Viply to offer this service. Seasonal beach tags are available at the reduced price before June 1. A convenience fee of $2.03 per tag is charged by the provider. Visit http://www.viplypass.com/avalon-beach-tags to download the app.
Free Veterans Beach Tags/Active Military
The Avalon Borough Council approved an ordinance that results in free beach tags being offered to all veterans of the United States Military. This ordinance went into effect in advance of the 2014 beach season, and continues to be in effect in the Borough.
The new law allows beach communities in New Jersey to offer reduced price or free beach tags to any individual who has served in any of the Armed Forces of the United States who were discharged or released under conditions other than dishonorable and who either have served at least 90 days in active duty or have been discharged or released from active duty by reason of a service-incurred injury or disability.
Avalon will make the free beach tags available at the Avalon Beach Tag Booth located next to Avalon Community Hall at 30th Street and the beach. Veterans will simply need to show appropriate documentation to receive complimentary beach access for the 2016 beach season in Avalon. Appropriate documentation includes: DD-214, or any of the following:
–Cape May County Veterans card, issued by the county
-Active/retired/reserved military identification card
–American Legion card
–Vietnam Veterans of America card
–Disabled Veterans of America card
–Marine Corps League card
Avalon continues its practice of offering free beach tags to active members of the United States Armed Forces and their immediate family members. Please note that starting for the 2016 beach season, veterans and active military mentioned above may simply show these forms of identification to a beach tag checker in lieu of obtaining a beach tag.
Avalon Surf Chair Program
The Borough of Avalon is deeply appreciative of the efforts of the Avalon Civic Club for developing Avalon’s popular surf chair program for all beach goers who are physically challenged. These surf chairs are beach chairs specifically designed for individuals with special needs and are available year round for no charge on a first come, first serve basis.
The Avalon Civic Club purchased the first surf chair in 1993 so all beach goers could enjoy the Avalon beach and is currently responsible for the Surf Chair Program. The surf chairs are available from 10am-5pm at the Avalon Beach Patrol Storage Units (9th, 30th, and 80th Streets) and at the Lifeguard Station (32nd & Avalon Ave.) In addition, the chairs are available offseason at Avalon Community Hall at 30th Street & Avalon Ave. (609-967-3066).
The following regulations apply when utilizing an Avalon Surf Chair:
- Surf chairs are to be used only on the sand at the beach. If used on other surfaces, the wheels will break.
- The weight limit for surf chairs is 250 pounds.
- Surf chairs must not be taken into water that is deeper than six inches as they will become unstable.
- The responsible party must pay all repair costs for damages to the surf chair that occur while in the responsible party’s possession.
- A suitable vehicle must be used to transport the surf chairs as they cannot be folded. The chairs are not to be tied to the roof of a motor vehicle.
- Surf chairs are not to be transported off Seven Mile Island (Avalon/Stone Harbor).
- Surf chairs should be cleaned after each use.
- Surf chairs must be returned to the storage area from which it came by 5pm daily.
- An attendant must be present when the surf chair is made available to sign out and again when it is returned to its storage unit.
For any questions regarding surf chairs, please call (609) 967-7587.
The Civic Club gratefully accepts donations for the Surf Chair Program.
Any donations may be sent to:
Avalon Civic Club
PO Box 155
Avalon, NJ 08202
DOGS On the Beach
Dogs are not permitted on the Avalon beach, boardwalk, or dunes anytime between March 1st and September 30th. In other areas of the Borough, dogs must be kept on a leash (when not confined) and their droppings must be retrieved immediately by the person in charge of the dogs.
Volleyball and Frisbees
The playing of volleyball and Frisbee is permitted on the beach between 38th Street and 76th Street with the exact locations to be designated by and under the control of the Beach Patrol Captain; and, also at 31st Street behind Community Hall
For your protection, bathing and swimming are permitted only at protected beaches where lifeguards are on duty 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM JUNE16TH THROUGH AUGUST 18TH, 2012. Use of rafts and surfboards are permitted only at designated beaches.
From MAY 26TH-JUNE 15TH, and AUGUST 19TH-SEPTEMBER 9TH, a limited number of lifeguards will be assigned to one or more designated beaches as available personnel permits
Warning! If you swim before 10:00 AM or after 5:00 PM or when lifeguards are not on duty or if you swim at a beach which is not a designated beach, you do so at YOUR OWN RISK and the Borough of Avalon assumes no liability or responsibility.
RAFT BEACHES (use of rafts and inflated objects)
9, 12, 18, 24, 28, 35, 40, 43, 50, 61, 69, 73, 79
30TH Street and either side of the 12th Street lifeguard stand, but not near bathers
OTHER SURF ACTIVITIES
Kayaks, Stand up Paddleboards (including inflatable and non-inflatable) and Bodyboards and/or Bellyboards with skegs are prohibited on any beaches in the Borough during the hours of 10:00am through 5:00pm
DIGGING HOLES ON THE BEACH
Please be mindful that unattended holes left on the beach strand can cause injury to others, especially as night falls. Please be sure you fill in any holes before you leave them unattended. Never climb into a hole that has been dug on the beach as the sand may become unstable and cause an unintended entrapment.
- OCCUPANCY: This property shall not be occupied by more persons than the number of sleeping facilities EIGHT (8). TENANT affirms that he/she is over twenty-five (25) years of age and minors will not occupy this property unless an adult is present at all times. See #18 of Terms & Conditions
- NO PETS: If any animals are found on premises, this will constitute a violation of this Lease and could result in immediate eviction and/or forfeit of all deposits. NO PETS includes, but is not limited to, visiting animals, animals in crates or restrictive containers, animals leashed or tied up outside of (but on) the property.
- PAYMENT TERMS:
- PAYMENTS DUE: All payments are due in our office by the dates indicated above via online payments, in-person, or by mail. Final payments are due in our office no later than 30 days prior to check-in. Reservations booked less than 45 days prior to check-in must be paid in full at time of booking via the Online Payment Service or with certified or wired funds sent overnight delivery to our office. We cannot accept any personal checks for any payment due paid less than 30 days prior to check-in.
- ONLINE PAYMENT SERVICE: BHHS Fox & Roach Realtors offers, through a third party vendor, the ability for the TENANT to make payments via Online. Through the online portal, TENANT may pay using MasterCard, Visa, AmEx, Discover, Debit Card and Page 1 of 4 eChecks. TENANT can access the payment portal using the link located on our website www.HughMerkle.com. Tenant understands that the online payment vendor, not the Broker, charges a fee for their services which they add to the payment being made at that time. Berkshire Hathaway HS Fox Roach receives no compensation. These Payment Options are totally for the TENANT’S convenience.
- MAILING & IN PERSON PAYMENTS: TENANT may also submit payment in the form of personal check, money order, or cash. Any payments made using a personal check must be received in our office No Later than 30 Days Prior to Check-In to be accepted. Any payments made after 30 days prior to check-in are to be paid in some form of certified funds (money order, bank check, wire transfer, cash), or through the online portal
- RETURNED CHECKS: There will be a $40 fee charged to the TENANT for any check returned by the bank for NSF (insufficient funds), which must be paid before the TENANT can check-in.
- CREDIT CARD CHARGE BACKS: TENANT will be responsible for all charges and attorney’s fees incurred by BHHSFRR for collecting payments from TENANT directly should TENANT cancel a previously approved credit card charge without prior authorization from both the LANDLORD and the Broker.
- ADVANCE RENTAL PAYMENTS: TENANT understands that all rental payments are “rent paid in advance” and not deposits. TENANT further understands that all monies paid as rent will be disbursed in a timely manner either to the LANDLORD, or to Broker for commission and fees, and will NOT be retained in our trust account.
- CANCELLATION POLICY:
- Prior to Receipt of Fully Executed Leases – All requests to cancel a rental reservation must be made in writing, via fax or email to our Rental Department e-mail [email protected] If we receive a request to cancel your rental reservation prior to our receiving the fully executed copy of the lease from the LANDLORD, we will cancel the reservation and return rental monies paid, less the non-refundable Processing Fee.
- After Receipt of Fully Executed Leases – If you must cancel your reservation after we have received the fully signed lease from the LANDLORD, you must notify us in writing via fax, mail or email, with your request to cancel. We will attempt to re-rent the property, but no refund will be given and you will continue to be responsible for the full amount of the rental under the terms, conditions, and due dates of this agreement, unless and until the property is re-rented at no loss to the LANDLORD. If you have purchased Travel Insurance (see #6 Trip Insurance for details), please refer to your policy for instructions. Tenant Initials: _________
- If the Property is Re-Rented at NO Loss to the LANDLORD: then the total of any rent consideration paid to Broker will be returned to the TENANT, less a 15% cancellation fee, if and when the monies are paid by the LANDLORD to the Broker. Please note that the Processing Fee is non-refundable.
- PAYMENT DEFAULT: If any scheduled payment date (as listed above) is missed, and payment is not received on the due date, this Lease will be in default and subject to cancellation. If this Lease is cancelled through the TENANT’S default of scheduled payments, any payment monies received will not be returned to the TENANT until this time period is re-rented. If a replacement Tenant for this time period is not secured, the TENANT who originated this Lease will be responsible for all payments due according to the payment schedule above. If said TENANT elects not to perform in accordance with this Lease all collected payments will be forfeited. A default processing fee of $40.00 will be deducted from any money returned to the TENANT who caused the default.
- VACATION TRIP INSURANCE: Refunds will NOT be given for cancellations or occupancy delays due to deaths in the family, medical emergencies, travel cancellations or delays, weather related events or evacuation, loss of job or other events that would be considered acts of God or that are beyond the control of the LANDLORD. The TENANT may purchase TRAVEL INSURANCE as outlined below or via our website link to Rental Guardian Trip Protection Insurance. Trip Insurance is RECOMMENDED and should be considered. You are a valued guest and we want to do everything possible to make your trip enjoyable and worry free. Trip Insurance reimburses for pre-paid non-refundable expenses due to certain unforeseeable circumstances that may result in cancellation or interruption of your vacation plans. Coverage is also provided for losses due to Travel Delays, Medical/Dental expenses, Emergency Medical Transportation, Travel Accident and Rental Car Damage. We recommend, and have provided you with the means for you to purchase this protection. Please review the many benefits here: http://hughmerkle.rentalguardian.com/. If you do not wish to purchase trip insurance, please initial the space directly across (to the right) from this payment line item located above in the Payment Schedule area declining coverage. By initialing this space across from the line item trip insurance payment acknowledges you have read and understand our cancellation policy and choose not to purchase vacation trip insurance.
- PROPERTY PROTECTION PLAN: Guests are encouraged to secure their investment with a property protection plan protection plan that covers unintentional, accidental damages to the rental unit that occur during your stay, provided they are disclosed to BHHS Fox & Roach Realtors – Stone Harbor office prior to check-out. The $50.00 policy will pay a maximum benefit of $3,000. Any damage that exceeds $3,000 or is not covered, TENANT will be responsible for and will be billed directly. If during your stay at one of our rental properties, an insured person causes any damage to real or personal property of the unit as a result of inadvertent actions or omissions, the insurer will reimburse the insured for the cost of repair or replacement of such property up to a maximum benefit of $3,000. Certain terms and conditions apply. BHHS Fox & Roach Realtors – Stone Harbor office shall submit and process claim on behalf of the TENANT. Should the claim be denied, deemed intentional or exceeds $3,000.00 of coverage, the TENANT agrees to take full responsibility for claimed damages. Full Details of the property protection plan are contained in the certificate of insurance and insurance policy. The property protection plan must be purchased a month before check in with your final rent payment. By submitting payment for this plan, you authorize and request Rental Guardian and their preferred provider underwritten program to pay directly BHHS Fox & Roach Realtors – Stone Harbor office the amount payable under the terms and conditions of the property protection plan. If the TENANT does not want to purchase the above property protection plan, TENANT may proceed with the traditional security deposit collection method of paying $1,500.00 (check made payable to “Fox & Roach ” when the balance of their final rent Page 2 of 4 payment is due). Please notify BHHSFRR of your decision to decline the purchase of the Property Protection Plan so BHHSFRR can add the Traditional Security Deposit Collection Addendums to your lease.
- NONREFUNDABLE TENANT PROCESSING FEE AND COMPENSATION DISCLOSURE: The TENANT agrees to pay BHHS Fox & Roach Realtors the sum set forth above as a nonrefundable tenant processing fee. This payment shall be made upon the signing of this lease agreement. The TENANT agrees that this processing fee is totally nonrefundable and represents the efforts of BHHS Fox & Roach Realtors in processing the rental application of the TENANT. The Landlord and the TENANT understand, acknowledge and agree that BHHS Fox & Roach Realtors represents the LANDLORD only in this rental transaction and the commission set forth in the Commission Paragraph as well as the Tenant Processing Fee represents compensation from both parties to this transaction.
- BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP(S): BHHS Fox Roach Realtors and The Hugh Merkle TEAM, as its authorized representative(s), are working in this transaction as LANDLORD’S Agent. BHHS Fox Roach Realtors and The Hugh Merkle Team are acting as Agent only and shall not be held personally liable to LANDLORD or TENANT for fulfillment or non-fulfillment of any of the terms of this Lease. LANDLORD agrees to pay BHHS Fox Roach Realtors a commission on this lease. This office maintains a business relation with Rental Guardian in order to offer TENANT Insurance coverage for TENANT’S vacation stay.
- NON LIABILITY OF THE LANDLORD OR RENTAL AGENT: The LANDLORD and the TENANT understand and agree that BHHS Fox & Roach Realtors and The Hugh Merkle Team is not a property manager or rental manager for this Property. The BHHS Fox & Roach Realtors and The Hugh Merkle Team is acting merely as a rental agent in this lease transaction. The Rental Agent shall not be liable for any claims, demands, damages or costs in any manner relating either to alleged defects or problems with the Property or to any other circumstances surrounding the rental. In the event the Rental Agent has made a payment to the LANDLORD which the TENANT withdraws or otherwise cancels such that the Rental Agent never receives the funds, the LANDLORD agrees to reimburse the Rental Agent for any such funds. This agreement is entered into based upon TENANT’S independent knowledge of the Property or the representations specifically contained in this Agreement and not or any representations made by the LANDLORD or its agents.
- NEARBY CONSTRUCTION: Since neither the LANDLORD or BHHS Fox & Roach Realtors or The Hugh Merkle Team can predict or control where or when construction may take place, the TENANT agrees that the LANDLORD, nor the Broker/Agent are responsible for any problems encountered as a result of nearby construction and there will be NO rebates, refunds, or discounts given for construction activities of any kind occurring near or adjacent to the property.
- OWNER RESPONSIBILITIES and RENTABILITY: By confirming acceptance of the Lease Agreement, LANDLORD certifies 1) that the property is in compliance with and conforms to all applicable ordinances and codes of the Borough, County and/or State and 2) a current license and municipal inspection have been obtained for the property. If said leased premises are destroyed by fire or acts of God so as to be unfit for occupancy, either prior to or during the term of the lease, the LANDLORD shall return an equitable prorated share of any rents that may have been paid in advance. The LANDLORD is also responsible to present this property in a clean, neat, and organized fashion for the TENANTS use. All appliances should be in working order. In the event of a failure of a major appliance or air conditioning unit, the LANDLORD and RENTAL AGENT will make every effort to have repairs made within a reasonable time. However, the AGENT is not responsible for its failure or its repair. The lease shall not terminate as a result of cosmetic defects or inoperable appliances or as a result of offsite conditions beyond the control of the LANDLORD and RENTAL AGENT.
- TENANT IS RESPONSIBLE: For all acts of TENANT’S family, employees and guests, TENANT hereby relieves LANDLORD from all liability by reason of damage, injury, or from any cause which may arise from the use, misuse, or abuse of the property unless such damage, injury, use, misuse or abuse is caused by or is a result of gross negligence of LANDLORD. The TENANT shall be responsible for any loss or damage to the property and its fixtures or personal property of the LANDLORD during the term of this Lease, unless caused by an Act Of God. TENANT agrees to replace or reimburse LANDLORD for any breakage or damages caused by tenant damage, misuse and or abuse. TENANT also agrees to leave the property in a clean, neat and orderly fashion (beds covered/made, food removed from refrigerator and cabinets, trash and recyclables removed and place outside in designated area and overall house and furnishing as they were upon arrival) at the end of this Lease. All municipal regulations, trash and recycling (See Clause 15 Trash & Recycling for details) requirements must be complied with during you stay. If a mandatory evacuation of the area is ordered by the authorities, TENANT must leave property according to official evacuation instructions. TENANT must also recognize, in this instance, the LANDLORD’S needs to secure their property from impending threats and TENANT must cooperate as needed.
- PEACEFUL ENJOYMENT: The LANDLORD agrees that the TENANT, upon payment of all rental money due and performing all terms and conditions of this Lease, may peaceably and quietly have, hold and enjoy the leased property for the term of this Lease. The LANDLORD and his agent reserve the right to show the property for sale or rent at reasonable hours, with 24 hour notice to TENANT during their Lease period.
- TRASH and RECYCLING: All the New Jersey coastal communities recycle their trash by law and the TENANT is required to separate their trash into the proper containers provided by the Landlord. All Avalon Properties trash & recyclables must be curb side on trash day for pickup. All Stone Harbor Properties have rear yard pick up but trash and recyclables must be placed in the designated area outside in the proper containers for pick up. At check-in you will be provided with specific instructions and schedule for trash pick-up at your rental location. Failure to separate recyclables and placing containers out for the scheduled pick-up may result in a fine by the Borough or an Incidental Charge to the TENANT.
- AMENITIES, FEATURES, MAINTENANCE and REPAIRS: Sheets, Towels, Paper Products & Personal Items are NOT included and is the responsibility of the Tenant to supply their own, unless otherwise stated in this Agreement. Rental properties are owned and maintained by individual Owners/Landlords and every reasonable effort is made by the LANDLORD to keep each property and its equipment in good working order. It is the TENANTS responsibility to NOTIFY The Hugh Merkle Team @ BHHS Fox & Roach Realtors of any difficulty they may encounter upon check-in or during their stay so the LANDLORD may be notified. Appliances, air conditioning and amenities/features are not guaranteed and refunds will not be given due to breakdown. Repairs will be made by the LANDLORD as soon as possible.
- CHECK-OUT TIME and TENANT RESPONSIBILITIES: Check-out time is 10:00 am and is strictly enforced. Please return all keys to our office. All rental properties are equipped and furnished to the Owner’s taste, and are set up for light housekeeping. Mattress pads, pillows, comforters, and cooking/dining utensils are provided. TENANTS are to supply their own paper products, sheets, towels, and beach tags, unless otherwise specified. Departing Tenant is responsible for leaving the rental property in “an organized & good condition” by completing the following: Return all furniture to original positions, wash and put away all dishes, empty the dishwasher, empty the refrigerator, empty washing machine and dryer, remake the beds after removing your personal bedding, take out the trash & recyclables and place in the property outside containers, check all rooms/cabinets/closets/under furniture for any personal items, close and lock all windows and doors. Return all of the keys that The Hugh Merkle Team @ BHHS Fox & Roach Realtors provided you to the office. If there were any extra keys or storage/shower/garage keys already in the unit, they are to be left in the unit. All Beach Tags, if provided by the Owner, must be placed where you found them in the property. If any beach tags are missing you will be responsible for the full replacement value of the missing beach tags. Remotes for TVs, garage, stereos, cable, and all other supplies provided for your use during your stay are to be left in the rooms/locations that you found them. Failure to leave the unit in a Clean and Good Condition may result in an additional charge to the TENANT. Broker, Agent, LANDLORD and their staff are not responsible for items left behind. TENANT is responsible for paying any and all service charges, shipping and handling charges for any items left behind.
- RENTAL: The TENANT agrees to rent from the LANDLORD and the LANDLORD agrees to lease to the TENANT the Property listed and pictured above. LANDLORD and TENANT understand and agree that the Property is a vacation rental. The TENANT is a transient guest or seasonal TENANT. The New Jersey Anti Eviction act does not apply to this rental. The TENANT shall take possession of and use the Property only as a private residence for not more than the maximum number of persons as indicated above. House trailers and recreational vehicles are not permitted on the Property. There shall be no alterations of the Property and no fixtures, appliances or air conditioners shall be installed without the written consent of the Landlord. The TENANT affirms that he/she is over twenty-five (25) years of age and minors will not occupy the property unless an adult is present. Unreasonable noise or disturbance by the TENANT may result in eviction. The TENANT shall not sublet the premises without written consent by the owner.
- DEFAULT: Any default by the Tenant under the terms and conditions of this lease, including but not limited to, late or unpaid rent, shall result in the termination of the lease and the premises must be vacated immediately with no refund to the TENANT.
- SIGHT UNSEEN RENTALS: Opinions as to the condition of the Property vary from individual to individual and are very subjective. If the TENANT has not personally viewed or inspected the Property, the TENANT shall not rely on any opinion expressed by a third party, including the Rental Agent or the LANDLORD. The TENANT bears the sole risk of renting the Property sight unseen and in not being satisfied with the condition of the Property at the time of check in. It is highly recommended that the TENANT personally inspect the Property before signing this Lease. The TENANT has not been promised anything as to the condition of the Property unless stated in this lease. The property is rented “as is”. \
- ACCEPTANCE: This lease must be signed and returned with the Initial Payment by the date indicated. This Contract may be executed in any number of counterparts, including counterparts transmitted by Email, Electronic Signature (DocuSign) or FAX, any one of which shall constitute an original of this Contract. When counterparts or facsimile copies have been executed by all Signature parties, they shall have the same effect as if the signatures to each counterpart or copy were upon the same document and copies of such documents shall be deemed valid as originals. The parties agree that all such signatures may be transferred to a single document upon the request of any party. Reservations cannot be guaranteed until the Initial Payment is received and lease is fully executed. This agreement is subject to the approval and written acceptance of the LANDLORD and may be terminated by the LANDLORD upon default of any payments or other obligations of the TENANT as outlined in this Lease.
- MEGAN’S LAW: Under New Jersey Law, the county prosecutor determines whether and how to provide notice of the presence of convicted sex offenders in an area. In their professional capacity, real estate licensees are not entitled to notification by the county prosecutor under Megan’s Law and are unable to obtain such information for you.
- REMINDER TO TENANT: TENANTS are responsible for their own linens. Please make note of the bed sizes of the property on the property listing sheet. You will also need to bring bath and beach towels since towels are considered linens.
Local Area Attractions in Cape May County & Beyond ……
Victorian Cape May – http://www.capemay.com/capemayhistorichotels.html
Wildwood Boardwalk – http://www.wildwoodsnj.com/wildwood-NJ-boardwalk.cfm
Golf Courses in Cape May County – Static Page with Information Listed
Wetlands Institute – http://wetlandsinstitute.org/
Cape May County Zoo & Botanical Gardens – http://www.capemaycountyzoo.org/
Harbor Square Movie Theatre – http://www.harborsquaretheatre.com/
Stone Harbor Museum – www.stoneharbormuseum.org/
Stone Harbor Library – http://www.cmclibrary.org/about-the-library/location-hours/item/stone-harbor
Avalon Museum – http://www.avalonhistorycenter.org/
Avalon Library – http://www.avalonfreelibrary.org/
Shopping in the unique stores in the town centers of Stone Harbor and Avalon is always fun, interesting and very productive. Just on the other side of the Garden State Parkway Exit 10 West “Stone Harbor Exit” you will find a TJ MAX and Marshalls. And on Route 9 (that runs parallel to the Parkway) from the Avalon Exit #13 West to Route 9 and South to Cape May you will find antique stores, the zoo, a very popular Christmas shop, Cold Springs Village and much more. Going north on Route 9 At the Avalon Exit #13 you will discover a small village of specialty shops just before you encounter Route 83.
Other possibilities North on the Garden State Parkway:
Atlantic City – http://www.steelpier.com/